Usually everybody says we never get the Sabudana Khichadi right. It just turns in to a mush or can never get the grains to be separate and fluffy while making the sabudana kichdi. I blame it on the quality of sabudana.
Saboodana Khichdi is a popular Vrat recipe. This is a typical maharashtrians item. Learn how to make Sabudana Khichri by following this easy recipe. Sabudana Khichri is definitely made on fasting days as it gives you all the required nutrition which one misses out due to the fast. This is a snack foods recipes too.
On fast day everybody is searching for food food recipes or food and recipes for fast, hope your search end here after you make this delicious sabudana kichadi
Sabudana Khichdi Ingredients:
1. 1 cup sabudana(sago)
2. 2 Green Chillieschopped finely.
3. 1 boiled & peeled potato.
4. 1/2 cup crushed groundnuts (coarse).
5. 2 tsp Ghee.
6. 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds.
7. 2 tbsp grated fresh Coconut.
8. 1 Pinch Hing (asafoetida).
9. Salt to taste.
10. Few Coriander leaves.
11. Few Curry Leaves.
Sabudana Khichdi Method:
• Wash and soak sabudana in water just enough to loosen and light for 3-4 hrs.
• Chop the boiled potatoes into small cubes.
• Mix crushed groundnuts, sugar and salt and keep aside.
• Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds. When the mustard seed crackle add cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
• Add potatoes and stir well. Mix sabudana mixture and mix gently.
• Cook uncovered for sometime and keep mixing so that sago will not stick to the bottom.
• Mix the grated coconut and garnish with coriander leaves.
Precautions/Don’ts while Making Sabudana Khichdi:
• Sprinkle some lemon juice over it and serve hot.
• As mentioned above, While making sabudana khichdi, do not cover the pan, else it will turn into an elastic ball.
• Remember when you take the sabudana there should be no powder which you find sometimes let it go through the sieve before soaking them.