Sharadha Navaratri or Sharada Navratri 2010 (October 8 – October 16)
On navratris, the nine forms of Durga are worshipped as Navdurga. Navratri’s each night is dedicated to one form of Goddess Durga. That is every ratri of the Navratri corresponds to worship of different forms of Maa Durga. The names of nine Durgas are:
Devi Maa ShailPutri , Devi Maa Brahmacharini, Devi Maa Chandraghanta, Devi Maa Kushmanda, Devi Maa Skandamata, Devi Maa Katyayani, Devi Maa Kalratri, Devi Maa MahaGauri and Devi Maa Siddhidatri.
These nine forms of Durga are worshipped with great reverence.This is the most important of the Navratris. It is simply called Maha Navratri (the Great Navratri) and is celebrated in the month of Ashvina (beginning of winter, September–October). Also known as Sharad Navaratri, as it is celebrated during Sharad.
1. Devi Maa ShailPutri :- First Day of Sharada Navratri, – Kalasha Sthapana (Ghatasthapana) – Prathami Puja or Padyami Puja – This embraces Maa Shailputri, who was the daughter of Parvatraj Himalaya (King of the Mountain), wife of Lord Shiva and mother of Ganesha and Kartikeya – October 8, Friday.
2. Devi Maa BrahmaCharini:-Second Day of Sharada Navratri, – Maa Brahmachaarini- Who gives the message of pure love to the world – October 9, Saturday.
3. Devi Maa Chandraghanta:- Third Day of Sharada Navratri, – Maa Chandraghanta – Who establishes Justice and wears crescent moon on Her head – October 10, Sunday.
4. Devi Maa Kushmanda:- Fourth Day of Sharada Navratri, Maa Kushmaanda, Who provides the basic necessities to the world – October 11, Monday.
5. Devi Maa Skand Mata:-Fifth Day of Sharada Navratri, – Skand Maa – Who gives the gift of differentiation of right from wrong to the world – October 12, Tuesday.
6. Devi Maa Katyayani :- Sixth Day of Sharada Navratri, Maa Kaatyayini – Who persistently battles against the evil and deceitful entities – October 13, Wednesday.
7. Devi Maa Kaal Ratri:- Seventh Day of Sharada Navratri, Maa Kaalratri, who killed Raktabeej (a demon who produce a demon from every drop of blood that fell from his body. Goddess eventually licked the blood before it could reach the ground and hence conquered him) – October 14, Thursday.
8. Devi Maa Maha Gauri :- Eighth Day of Sharada Navratri, Maa MahaGauri – Who also liberate the world of evil forces – October 15, Friday.
9. Devi Maa Sidhi Daatri:- Ninth Day of Sharada Navratri,– Mata Sidhidaarti -Who is a treasure house of Mystic Powers (Yantra Tantra) and Knowledge (Gyaan) – October 16, Saturday.